Sep 17, 2012

2012 ELECTION UPDATE

A few weeks ago I gave my official election predictions. I just spent the weekend in the Norfolk/Newport News/Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach/Chesapeake area and made these observations. Although not scientific by any means, I believe they are very telling.

In 2008 the entire area was blanketed with Obama campaign signs and he won this heavy military populated region, four years later it is just the opposite. Romney/Ryan & George Allen signs were everywhere I went and believe it or not, I did not see a single Obama campaign sign. Although not as liberal as Northern Virginia, this highly populated section of the state (this area contains close to 2 million of the state's 8 million people) in the past has not been nearly as conservative as the remaining 75% of Virginia.

Certainly most of America has soured on Obama's 'Hope & Change', but I believe the outstanding reason that this area seems to be swinging toward the Republican/Conservative candidates is Obama's record of military spending cuts, both current and planned in the future. Norfolk is home to the world's largest naval base and several other U.S. military bases are located nearby. Our soldiers, sailors & airmen , along with the civilian population, are watching firsthand our wonderful American military being gutting like a big buck on the first day of hunting season. They understand that the nation cannot tolerate four more years Obama's radical ideology.


It is the military's job to help keep America safe, and it appears that they understand that job will be much more difficult or near impossible if Obama is reelected.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a Conservative Christian who believes that America answers to no one but GOD.