Nov 28, 2012

I KNOW THIS IS AMERICA, BUT LET US REMAIN SILENT

ACTS 4:29(KJV)  And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word.           One thing that I pray for is that God gives me a boldness to stand for his truth. I have been told repeatedly that I come across as 'arrogant' ,' hate-filled','full of rage', ' unkind', uncaring, 'bitter', 'a hatemonger'... and that's just the more watered-down descriptions. That's OK. I don't claim to be Mr. Sensitivity and I understand that I may be off base on some issues. But what we have in America today is a nation full of people who identify themselves as Christians that choose to remain silent and are not willing to call WRONG when it is WRONG and call something RIGHT when it is RIGHT. We say,"Don't judge people," well we don't need to judge people, we just need to read and understand God's word, the Holy Bible. God's word addresses all issues we deal with today, such as those who are able to work but won't, but CHOOSE instead to take from others.

 II THESSALONIANS 3:10-12(KJV) For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 11For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. 12Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.      Of course there isn't anyway we can put a 'feelgood' spin on scripture like this.   

   Mostly I would say that what I see in the world today makes me sad, instead of angry. During political campaigns I have written articles for years explaining to Christians why they Biblically should not support politicians that take a stand on political issues that are openly & blatantly against God's teachings, such as abortion.  Jeremiah 1:5(KJV) clearly tells us that life begins in the womb. Sadly, I can write an article about this subject and get zero response / total silence. Yet I can post one picture of my big tomcat, Roy Lee, and get a dozen comments. It's is ALWAYS the same way when I write anything about any government assistance program, the claws come out!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a Conservative Christian who believes that America answers to no one but GOD.